Twenty-five years on the road—fifteen as a truck driver, a million miles in a semi-truck. Joined afterward by Susan for travels on four continents, seven schools, forty-seven countries—one end of the world to the other.
1. From sixty below in Harbin, China, to the blistering 120 + in the sands of Saudi Arabia, the sweltering heat of Borneo, Hong Kong, and Phoenix.
2. Across the straits of Magellan, Singapore, Bosporus, and Johor.
3. And into the rain forests and jungles of Borneo, the Trossachs, Sinha raja, Kinabalu, and the Olympics.
4. From the oceans and seas of the Baltic, Aegean, Mediterranean, Celebes, Sulu, Tasman, North Sea, East and South China Sea, Andaman, Arabian, Adriatic, North and South Pacific, North and South Atlantic, and the Fjords of Norway.
5. Gulfs and Bays of Mexico, Persia, Oman, Thailand, Bengal, San Francisco, and Mexico.
6. Islands of Sri Lanka, Hainan, Hawaii, Easter Island, Boracay, Bali, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Iceland.
7. From the extreme reaches of the world— Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Gibraltar, Singapore, Vladivostok.
8. By yak, mule, horse, train, plane, car, jeepney, pedi cab, bike, rickshaw, bus, boat, subway, tram, motorbike, and by foot, lots of foot.
9. Robbed, almost robbed, accosted, or hassled in: Budapest, Manilla, Rome, St. Petersburg, United Airlines, American Airlines, Santiago.